UNESCO-HidroEX opens selection for three vacancies of Master’s Degree course in Netherlands
The International Centre for Education, Capacity Building and Applied Research in Water (UNESCO-HidroEX, Brazil) has opened registrations for selecting students that want to take Master’s Degree courses at UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, in Delft, Netherlands. The announcement for the selection process was published in Diario Oficial of Minas Gerais State (Brazil) on 28 June 2013.
Three course vacancies are being offered for the second semester that begins in October 2013 with a duration of 18 months. Interested students can choose for one of the three areas offered:
- Environmental Sciences (with specialization in Environmental Management and Planning or in Water Quality Management);
- Water Resource Management (with specialization in Water Resources or Water Service Management) and
- Hydrology and Engineering (with specialization in Hydraulic Engineering and Water Basin Development or Hydraulic Engineering – soil and water development).
- The registrations can be made from 28 June to 22 August, 2013 at the HidroEX headquarters, in Frutal (MG, Brazil), rua Mário Palmério, 1.000, bairro Universitário, CEP 38200000. They can be made personally, by proxy, or by mail.
- On26 August, the approved registrations will be announced.
- On 29 and 30 August, the selected candidates will take the written and oral tests and they will be submitted to an interview.
- On 4 September, the announcement of the result will be made. The day after is the determined date to make interventions.
- On 6 September, the final result will be announced.
The three approved students will receive a scholarship in the amount of approximately € 40.655,00, including the monthly payments of the course, personal security, study materials, field research, accommodation, and monthly allowance of € 970,00.
More information on the dates and necessary documentations are available at: www.unesco-ihe.org/Education/MSc-programmes.
UNESCO-IHE is the major post-graduation institution of the world on Water Education. It is the only institution of the United Nations authorized to offer Master’s Degree titles to post-graduates, besides promoting PHD programmes in Water Resources. (Source: UNESCO-HidroEX Communication Advisory).
<- Back to: Natural Sciences