Extractive Industry workshop
From 09:00 to 12:30, Wednesday 15 March 2016, Lima, Peru
Sergio Augusto Domingues (Brazil)
Jean-Philippe Messier (Canada)
UNESCO's Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB) and the International Geosciences Programme (IGCP) hold an expert group on "Biosphere Reserves and extractive resources activities". The expert group met in UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France in 2011, and in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, in 2013.
Several case studies of biosphere reserves that are dealing with extractive industries are known throughout the network. The workshop will be the occasion of presenting a few cases in Brazil, Cameroun, United Arab Emirates and Canada.
- Overview on Extractive industries in Biosphere Reserves - Jean-Philippe Messier
- Marawah Marine Biosphere Reserve, UAE, and the extractive industry: an exemplary model - Shaikha Al Daheri and Ashraf Cibahy
- Working Group on "Biosphere Reserve Earth Resources" - Sérgio Augusto Domingues
- Biosphere Reserves and mining activities: learning experiences and commitments - Miguel Angelo Andrade
- The Biosphere Reserves in the context of an emerging Cameroun by 2035: case study of Dja Biosphere Reserve - Achile Mengamenya Goué
- Extractive Industry and Sustainable Development: Implementation Tool - Jean-Philippe Messier