Links between biological and cultural diversity
UNESCO plays an important role in the efforts aiming at preventing the present global trend of erosion of diversity, both biological and cultural.
The main activities include:
- International Programme on the Links between Biological and Cultural Diversity (in collaboration with the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity)
- Sacred natural sites and cultural landscapes (in collaboration with the World Heritage Convention)
- Biocultural Protocols for access and benefit sharing (in collaboration with UNEP and Natural Justice)
- Biodiversity and local and indigenous knowledge (in collaboration with UNESCO LINKS project
- Biodiversity, languages and intangible heritage (in collaboration with the UNESCO Culture Sector)