Capacity Building and Partnerships
The MAB programme contributes to global efforts for education and capacity building, particularly within the framework of the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014) through:
- MAB Young Scientists Award Scheme
- Postgraduate Study in Mountain Development: The online, part-time interdisciplinary programme offers you advanced theory and practice to give you a clear understanding of the complex issues of mountain areas. Individual modules deal with social, environmental, economic, and professional development issues in mountain areas.
The programme has unique international recognition as an activity of the UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Mountain Development, based at the Centre for Mountain Studies, Perth College, University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).
- Michel Batisse Award
- Education activities in biosphere reserves
- UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN networks relating to biosphere reserves and sustainable development,
- The Regional School on Integrated Management of Tropical Forests and Territories (French acronym: ERAIFT)
- Educational materials in the environmental sciences
- South-South Collaboration Programme
- UNEP/UNESCO/BMU environmental management courses at Technical University of Dresden (Germany): See overall description of the Centre for International Postgraduate Studies of Environmental Management (CIPSEM); course programme 2012; and application form
- MAB Master: In the framework of a Master Course on Biodiversity Management from the Paul Sabatier University of Toulouse, the university and the French MAB National Committee are offering a course on the Man and Biosphere Programme. This Master Course aims to train biosphere reserve or protected area coordinators and managers, and integrates human activities including sustainable development projects.
- MSc Course on World Heritage Management: This 2-years’ course at the University College Dublin (Ireland) provides students with in-depth information on the management of world heritage sites, biosphere reserves and geoparks.
- Partnerships with private sector