Education, communication, and public awareness are essential elements in ensuring improvements in the quality of life of all people and their environment, eradication of poverty, reducing inequalities and promoting sustainable development.
Environmental education is key for respecting nature and for achieving international agendas, including the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs); the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD); the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD); and the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (UNDESD, 2005-2014).
Download our free education material on the following topics:
- Teaching Resource Kit for Mountain Countries
- Education Kit on Combating Desertification
- Teaching Resource Kit for Dryland Countries
- Workshops on the use of the UNESCO-MAB dryland kits: Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Damascus (Syria)
- Pacific MAB Discovery Kit: A visit to the island Biosphere Reserves in the Pacific
Contact: Thomas Schaaf. Chief, Section of Ecological Sciences and Biodiversity, Division of Ecological and Earth Sciences, UNESCO MAB Programme. t.schaaf(at)unesco.org (for mountain, dryland, desertification kits)Back to top