The periodic review is an important event in the life of a biosphere reserve. It enables a review, every ten years, of the functioning, zoning, scale and the implications for the populations in the reserve. It also makes it possible to evaluate the evolution of the various functions of the reserve –be it conservation, research, education or sustainable development.
Voices of the World Network
For each feature, colleagues, stakeholders, partners from the World Network of Biosphere Reserves and of the MAB Programme will share their experience and words on the occasion of the MAB 40th Anniversary.
- Daniel Silvestre, coordinator of the Guadeloupe biosphere reserve (France),
- Jean Dey, president of the management association of the Fontainebleau and Gatinais biosphere reserve, and Jean Michel Martin, coordinator of the reserve.
- Pierre Frapa, coordinator of the Lubéron Lure biosphere reserve (France),
- Régis Vianet, assistant Director of the Camargue Regional Natural Park and coordinator of the Camargue biosphere reserve, and
- Ken Reyna, coordinator of the Mont Ventoux biosphere reserve.