Michel Batisse Award for Biosphere Reserve Management
Deadline for submission:
15 January 2011
The Bureau recalled that at its last session the ICC had requested that the Secretariat work together with the Bureau to set up a scheme in memory of Dr Michel Batisse whereby efforts to manage biosphere reserves in line with the recommendations of the Seville Strategy could be internationally recognized and rewarded periodically.
How to apply :
Applications for the 2011 Awards should reach the MAB Secretariat in Paris no later than 15 January 2011. Application forms for the 2011 Awards available here:
In accordance with the decision of the ICC, the Secretariat presented proposals for setting up such a scheme. After discussions, the Bureau agreed on the following scheme:
- Title of the scheme: Michel Batisse Award for Biosphere Reserve Management
- Award amount: US$ 6,000 plus international travel and allowances in Paris, France, to present the award winning case study to the MAB-ICC session.
- Periodicity of awards: Every two years at the time of the MAB-ICC
- Responsibility for technical review of proposals received and recommending the award winner for consideration and approval by the MAB Bureau: International Advisory Committee for Biosphere Reserves
- Language for submission of case studies: English and French
- Process for submitting applications: Each country can submit one case study on biosphere reserve management, not exceeding a maximum of 30 pages (20 pages recommended) and appropriately illustrated with scientific data, figures and tables, photographs and other supporting documentation.
Case studies must be submitted by 1st January of each year during which a MAB-ICC session is due to be convened. All case studies must be submitted through, and have the endorsement of, the respective MAB National Committees, and/or the UNESCO National Commissions of the country concerned.