11th International SUMAMAD Workshop
19 June 2013, Ghent, Belgium
Within the framework of the second phase of the Project “Sustainable Management of Marginal Drylands (SUMAMAD-2)”, the 11th International SUMAMAD Project Workshop was held on 19 June 2013 in conjunction with the international DESERTLAND Conference (17 – 18 June 2013) in Ghent (Belgium) with a view to observe World Day to Combat Desertification on 17 June.
The 11th international SUMAMAD workshop brought together all designated national project coordinators from the above-mentioned project partner research institutions and members of the project core management group. The workshop’s objectives were to assess the accomplishments of the SUMAMAD-II Project, and to officially close the second phase of the SUMAMAD Project.
Project coordinators presentations
- Dr Magali Garcia Cardenas: Bolivian Highlands, Bolivia
- Dr Jean-Noel Poda: Mare aux Hippopotames Biosphere Reserve, Burkina Faso
- Prof Gaoming Jiang: Hunshandake Sandlands, China
- Prof Boshra Salem: Omayed Biosphere Reserve, Egypt
- Dr M. M. Roy: Arid Western Plain Zone (Thar Desert), India
- Dr Mehrdad Mohammadnia: Gareh Bygone Plain, I.R. of Iran
- Mr Ma’en Al-Smadi: Dana Biosphere Reserve, Jordan
- Mr Zamir Soomro: Lal Sohanra Biosphere Reserve, Cholistan Desert, Pakistan
- Dr Mohamed Ouessar: Zeuss-Koutine Watershed, Bou Hedma Biosphere Reserve, Tunisia