UN WWAP Working Group on Sex-Disaggregated Indicators
In 2014 WWAP started a ground-breaking project on gender-sensitive water assessment, monitoring and reporting and created an innovative methodology to collect sex-disaggregated water data and identify gender –sensitive key indicators.
An international Working Group consisting of about 30 experts coming from different regions of the world and with different background have joined WWAP to create the “Working Group on Sex-Disaggregated Data Collection” and provide“professional and up-to-date information, review, and expert advice on theoretical considerations and methodologies for the Toolkit.
In April 2014, an inception workshop has held at WWAP HQ, during which the Working Group developed and tested priority indicators with its partners. As follow-up a second workshop was held in December 2014 aimed at finalizing the WWAP toolkit of the Gender Sensitive Water Assessment and Reporting project.
In the period April 2014 - August 2015, identified about 100 indicators, and selected a list of high-priority gender-sensitive indicators for water assessment and monitoring. The key-indicators are included in the WWAP Toolkit (Tool 1, 2).
- Gender and Water conference in East London, South Africa 2014
- World Water Forum, South Korea 2015
- World Water Week, Stockholm 2014 & 2015
- UNESCO General Conference 2015
- 60th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women, 2016
- 6th Africa Water Week, 2016
- World Water Week, 2016
- Regional Workshop on Empowerment of Women in Sustainable Management of Water Resources, 2016
- GEF IW Conference, 2016
- WWAP Capacity Building on Water and Sustainable Development Training, 2016