Launch of the World Water Development Report 2014 on Water and Energy
Official Launch in Tokyo, Japan - 21 March 2014
The World Water Development Report 2014 on Water and Energy has been launched during the main celebrations of World Water Day in Tokyo, Japan on 21 March 2014.
As is now the tradition, the Report is jointly presented by the Chair of UN-Water, Michel Jarraud, and the Director General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova.
The Report is available online for download, in PDF and e-Book formats.
The agenda included:
- Michela Miletto, Acting Coordinator, UN World Water Assessment Programme: Presentation on WWDR 2014
- Michel Jarraud, Chair, UN-Water & Secretary-General WMO
- Hans D’Orville, Assistant Director General for Strategic Planning, UNESCO
- Taizo Nishikawa, Deputy to the Director General, UNIDO
- David Malone, Rector, UNU
- Domenico Giorgi, Ambassador of Italy
- Yoshiaki Morikita, Director General of Water and Disaster Management Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Japan
After the launch WWAP organized a side event on "Country Experiences on Water and Energy", to present some case studies extracted from the WWDR 2014.
In particular the following has been discussed:
- Green New Deal and the four major rivers restoration project (case study from Korea)
- Water and energy issues in Japan with a regional perspective (case study from Japan)
- Recent improvements in currently unsustainable use of water resources in thermal energy generation in India (case study from India)
On the same day, WWAP organized parallel launches of the Report in different regions of the world. Click here for more details