Assemblies and Executive Councils
The IOC Assembly meets once per biennium, while an Executive Council meets every year.
The purpose of the Assembly is to review the work of the commission, including the work of the member states and the secretariat, and formulate a common work plan for the coming two years.
The Executive Council reviews issues and items from on-going work plans, and makes preparations for the Assemblies.
49th Executive Council
The Assembly met for its 28th session in Paris on 18-25 June 2015. It was preceded by the 48th session of the IOC Executive Council on 16 June.
28th Session (18-25 June 2015)
- Ocean Science Day and photo gallery (17 June)
- Assembly elects 40 members of the Executive Council
- Photo galleries: Here / Here
27th Session (26 June-5 July 2013)
- Anton Bruun Memorial Lecture by Benjamin S. Halpern
- N.K. Pannikar Memorial Lecture by Shubha Sathyendranath
- Photo galleries
26th Session (22 June-6 July 2011)