E-Award Ceremony congregates 500 guests in Rio de Janeiro
Approximately 500 people, among them international and Brazilian authorities as the mayor of Rio de Janeiro, Eduardo Breads, the Minister-Head of the Presidency of the Republic General Secretariat, Gilberto Carvalho, artists, and some of the world’s most renown specialists in Sustainability and Environment had crowded, E-Award ceremony, at Forte Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Saturday, June 16, 2012.
The ceremony, presented by Zeca Camargo, had one pocket show of the guitarist Andy Summers (former member of The Police), followed by Roberto Menescal and the singer Cris Delano, who had offered three musics to the public: “Message in the Bottle”, “Girl from Ipanema” and “Samba de uma Nota Só”.
E-Award was idealized by Oskar Metsavaht, creative director of Osklen and UNESCO’s Goodwill Ambassador, in partnership with Instituto E, UNESCO, and Rio de Janeiro City hall to acknowledge the most significant initiatives in favour of sustainable social and environmental developmet in last the 20 years. The Award was part of the official agenda of Rio+20 and the Humanity Project.
The trophies had been given to the nominated winners by celebrities such as the journalist Miriam Leitão, the president of Firjan, Eduardo Eugênio Gouvêa Vieira, the actor Marcos Palmeira and Oskar Metsavaht.
The following personalities and/or projects received the E-Award for the respective E-Award Categories:
- Sylvia Earle (Oceanographer) – Environment Category
- Corrado Clini (Minister of Environment in Italy) – Energy Category
- Russell Mittermeier (President of the International Conservation) – Earth Category
- Instituto Terra (Sebastião Salgado and Lélia Salty Wanick) – Education Category
- Reciclanip (Eugênio Deliberato) – Economics Category
- Carta da Terra (Earth Charter) (Mirian Vilela) – Empowerment Category (popular voting)
- Benki Piyãko – national e-brigader
- Maurice Strong – international e-brigader
<- Back to: All News IOC