Internet Discussion Forums
Several issues related to ‘Coastal and marine resources’ have been taken-up in the web-based discussion forums on Wise Coastal Practices (WiCoP) and Small Islands Voice (SIV) operated by UNESCO Coastal Regions and Small Islands (CSI) Platform. Discussion threads have included:
- Use of remote sensing in wise practices for coastal management. WiCoP Forum. September 1999.
- Paradise lost: how marine science failed the world’s coral reefs. WiCoP Forum. September 2000.
- Purchasing coastal areas for conservation is an option. WiCoP Forum. November 2000.
- Towards prevention and resolution of conflicts over coastal resources and values. WiCoP Forum. April-July 2001.
- Soft engineering measures for coastal erosion control: Synthesis of Forum views. WiCoP Forum. March 2002.
- Wise practice agreements: a proposed mechanism for reducing coastal conflicts. WiCoP Forum. June 2002.
- Beach access in Tobago. SIV Global Forum. October-November 2002.
- Adapting to change: resilience in small islands.. WiCoP Forum. January-May 2004.
- Preventing illegal deep sea fishing around small islands.. SIV Global Forum. March-May 2004.
- Climate change: is it an urgent issue in small islands?. SIV Global Forum. August-November 200