National and Regional Enabling Environments
Within UNESCO, the Social and Human Sciences (SHS) sector has a particularly strong interest in the transfer of research results to policy and decision-making. In this vein, the sector has taken a lead in focusing on the concerns of ‘National and regional enabling environments’ as a lens for approaching sustainable development, and in encouraging cross-sectoral synergies.
Another substantive contribution is to the concerns of para 74 (h) of the Mauritius Strategy, and its call to promote the involvement of young people in envisioning sustainable island living.
- Contributing to Policy and Decision-Making
- MOST Social Sciences Research Results for Policy Making
- Small Islands Voice (SIV)
- Youth Visioning for Island Living
- Pacific Youth Festival (Tahiti, July 2006)
- Youth Envisioning Contest - Asia-Pacific 2006
- Local and Indigenous Knowledge Systems
- Sustainable Development: A Pacific Islands Perspective
- International Council for the Study of the Pacific Islands (ICSPI)
- Participation Programme
- UNESCO Focal Points for 'National and Regional Enabling Environments' in SIDS Regions