First Africa Forum on STI for Youth Employment, Human Capital Development and Inclusive Growth
Format of the forum
The Experts Forum (1 to 2 April 2012) will focus on four main themes:
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education and Labour Markets in Africa;
- Strengthening Scientific Research: New Deal for African Science;
- STI in Action;
- From Science and Technology (S&T) to Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship to Move Ideas from the Lab to the Market.
A number of parallel sessions will be organized to allow for in-depth discussion on such issues as water and sanitation and food security.
The Ministerial Conference (3 April 2012) will address two roundtable discussions for ministers:
- Challenges and Opportunities for STI in Africa and the integration of STI policies in national/sub-regional development and the other Opportunities for STI in Africa;
- Financing mechanisms and investments for the development of Africa; opportunities, mechanisms and policy instruments for STI.
An exhibition ‘Africa on the Move’, showcasing innovations made in Africa will be displayed.