Global Climate Change
Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- International Support Group (ISG) on the Implementation of the Madrid Action Plan (MAP)
14 March 2014, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
- Implementing Rio+20: Integrated Planning for Sustainable Coastal Area Management in the Caribbean Region
17-18 March 2014, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- International Advisory Committee for Biosphere Reserves: 20th Meeting
17-20 March 2014, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
16th Annual L’ORÉAL-UNESCO Awards for Women in Science
Each year, five outstanding women scientists – one per continent – are honoured for the contributions of their research, and 15 young scientists are chosen are chosen to continue their research in prestigious institutions outside their home country. Find out who they are!
World Wildlife Day
This day dedicated to raising awareness of the world's wild fauna and flora was celebrated for the first time on 3 March 2014.
- Botanists of the Twenty-first Century: Roles, Challenges and Opportunities
20-25 September 2014, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
- 2nd International Ocean Research Conference
17-21 November 2014, Barcelona, Spain