Chile: Applications for “New Hope, New Future” scholarships opened
The Regional Bureau of Education for Latin America and the Caribbean (OREALC/UNESCO Santiago), in collaboration with the UNESCO Chair in Higher Education Inclusion and Fundación Colunga, is calling on students in Chile to apply for monthly maintenance grants for first year full-time students enrolled in university degree programmes through the UNESCO Access Induction University Network.
These scholarships contribute to improving access to higher education in Chile, placing an emphasis on helping to allow young people to study and return to their communities, contributing to community development.
The programme provides monthly grants of CLP 85,000 for students in rural areas and CLP 75,000 for students in urban areas, renewable for up to three semesters.
Applicants must be enrolled in the first year of a full time degree programme at one of the universities prioritised for the pilot phase (see list below), and must complete the following steps:
- Fill in the application form (.doc)
- Attach the documentation specified in the form.
- Send the application by email to becas.unesco(at)unesco.org
Applications open until August 26, 2014!
Programme poster (pdf)
- Universidad de Santiago de Chile
- Universidad Alberto Hurtado
- Universidad Católica Silva Henríquez
- Universidad Austral – Sede Coyhaique
- Universidad Católica de Temuco
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María
- Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción
- Universidad Católica del Norte-Sede Coquimbo
- Universidad Metropolitana de Ciencias de la Educación
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Santiago