UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize - Laureates
- Anarkali Honaryar (Afghanistan) and Khaled Abu Awwad (Palestine)
- François Houtart (Belgium) and Abdul Sattar Edhi (Pakistan)
- Veerasingham Anandasangaree from Sri Lanka, President of the Tamil United Liberation Front (TULF).
A tireless defender of democracy and peaceful conflict resolution, Veerasingham Anandasangaree has helped improve knowledge of the Tamul cause, through dialogue, through the promotion of non-violent solutions in Sri Lanka and by taking a stand against terrorism.
- Taslima Nasreen, writer from Bangladesh
- Aung San Suu Kyi of Myanmar
Video message of Aung San Suu Kyi, on the occasion of the commemoration of the 2011 International Day for Tolerance and acceptance of the 2002 UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize
Talking to Aung San Suu Kyi, “We’ve got to move forward”, UNESCO | the new Courier | April 2003
- Pope Shenouda III, the head of Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox Church
- Narayan Desai, educator and peace activist of India
- Joint Action Committee for Peoples Rights of Pakistan
- Association of 32 non-governmental women’s organizations "Pro-femmes Twese Hamwe" of Rwanda