UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize - Laureates
- Anarkali Honaryar (Afghanistan) and Khaled Abu Awwad (Palestine)
- François Houtart (Belgium) and Abdul Sattar Edhi (Pakistan)
- Veerasingham Anandasangaree from Sri Lanka, President of the Tamil United Liberation Front (TULF).
A tireless defender of democracy and peaceful conflict resolution, Veerasingham Anandasangaree has helped improve knowledge of the Tamul cause, through dialogue, through the promotion of non-violent solutions in Sri Lanka and by taking a stand against terrorism.
- Taslima Nasreen, writer from Bangladesh
- Aung San Suu Kyi of Myanmar
Talking to Aung San Suu Kyi, “We’ve got to move forward”, UNESCO | the new Courier | April 2003
- Pope Shenouda III, the head of Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox Church
- Narayan Desai, educator and peace activist of India
- Joint Action Committee for Peoples Rights of Pakistan
- Association of 32 non-governmental women’s organizations "Pro-femmes Twese Hamwe" of Rwanda