Ethics Teachers’ Training Course (ETTC)
Ethics Teachers’ Training Course (ETTC) project is one of the main components of UNESCO’s bioethics capacity-building programme, targeting ethics educators who have recently began teaching, or will soon commence their teaching carriers at various institutions of higher education.
Ethics Teachers Training Courses are designed to:
- Introduce the students to the means and resources of teaching ethics;
- Teach the students the methodologies and methods of teaching ethics;
- Assess and provide feedback on the students’ demonstrations of teaching skills under the guidance of experienced teachers.
Ethics Teacher Training Courses are conducted by a team composed on international and local experts with extensive experience in ethics education. For more information, please see the ETTC Brochure.
Courses have already been held in:
- Bucharest, Romania, from 30 October to 4 November 2006. This course was hosted by CEPES, the UNESCO European Centre for Higher Education.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 56 KB]
- Egerton University Njoro Campus, Kenya, from 9 to 13 July 2007. This course came as the result of cooperation between the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics in Egerton, Kenya and the UNESCO Chair in Haifa, Israel.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 59 KB]
- Bratislava, Slovak Republic, on 10-14 September 2007.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 73 KB]
- Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, from 3rd to 7th November 2007. The course was undertaken at the initiative of King Abdullah International Center for Medical Research, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences and the National Guard Health Affairs.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 53 KB]
- Minsk, Belarus, on 17-21 November 2008. This course was held with the collaboration of the UNESCO National Commission of the Republic of Belarus and the UNESCO Moscow Office.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 27 KB]
- Dubrovnik, Croatia, in June 2010 and July 2011. Both courses were hosted by the Inter-University Center in Dubrovnik, with the collaboration of the Croatian National Commission for UNESCO.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 51 KB]
- Belgrade, Serbia, from 27 June to 1rst July 2011. The course was held with the cooperation of the National Bioethics Committee of Serbia, the Serbian National Commission for UNESCO and the Serbian National Academy of Arts and Sciences.
For detailed information, view the report [PDF 67 KB]
In 2012, UNESCO will hold the following ETTC sessions:
- Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2-6 July 2012
- Baku, Azerbaijan, 20-25 August 2012
- Vilnius, Lithuania, 12-16 November 2012
- Windhoek, Namibia, 19-23 November 2012