Third Session (Paris, 1995)
The Third Session of the IBC was held at UNESCO Headquarters, in Paris, from 27 to 29 September 1995.
During the session, the subjects examined included:
- ethics and neurosciences;
- genetic counselling: for a new physician/patient relationship;
- population genetics;
- the teaching of bioethics in the Americas.
The IBC devoted two meetings to discussing the Outline of a declaration on the human genome and human rights, that had been prepared by the Legal Commission of the IBC during 1995.
Several parliamentarians also took part in a Round Table on the topic "Bioethics: what Role for Parliaments?"
- Proceedings of the Third Session of IBC (Vol. I, PDF, 2210 KB): this volume includes the speeches made at the Third Session of IBC, the list of participants and the reports on “Ethics and Neuroscience”, “Genetic Counselling”, “Population Genetics” and “The Teaching of Bioethics in the Americas”. It also gives the results of the discussions of the Legal Commission of the IBC which has the task of preparing a universal declaration on the human genome and human rights.
- Proceedings of the Third Session of IBC (Vol. II, PDF, 5 MB): this multilingual volume contains all the documents provided to IBC on the specific topics referred to in Volume I.