Projects by Region - Arab States
- Egypt – Association for the Protection of the Environment (APE)
UNESCO has teamed up with the local association, APE, to train youngsters working in garbage slums in business and recycling.
- Egypt: ASMAE-CARITAS with UNESCO
ASMAE-CARITAS with UNESCO is supporting street children in Egypt by helping them re-integrate their families and society.
- Lebanon – Post-war assistance for traumatised children
This project provides children with psycho-social support to help them overcome their stress, at the same time as promoting positive values and a sense of belonging and citizenship.
- Morocco - SOS Children’s Villages
The Moroccan SOS Children’s Villages offer children without family support, (orphans of one or both parents, abandoned or in danger), the chance of growing up in a real home with adopted brothers and sisters and a so-called SOS mother.
- Yemen - Al Rahma Foundation
UNESCO supports the Al Rahma Foundation to protect orphaned girls from exploitation and provide them with a modern education.