Projects by Region - Europe and North America
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – Post-war assistance
UNESCO’s Programme for the Education of Children in Need was very active during the Balkans conflict, rebuilding and equipping over a hundred educational establishments.
- Russian Federation - Centre for Educational Innovations, Arkangelsk
This project promotes the right to education for the children in rural areas of the Arkangelsk region.
- Russian Federation - Children of Russia Foundation
This project is an integral part of the Children of Russia Foundation education programme designed for children with cancer and blood diseases.
- Russian Federation – Post-war assistance for Chechen children
This project, which organized four rehabilitation camps, contributed to improving the emotional and physical well-being of 88 traumatized children through the provision of psychological, pedagogical and medical assistance.
- Ukraine - Passauer Neue Presse Medical Centres
Thanks to generous fundraising by the German newspaper, Passauer Neue Presse, UNESCO supported three medical institutions in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev.