To build an infrastructure that enables UNESCO to support ethics activities in the Member States through
- establishing an up-to-date register of names and addresses of experts in the area of (bio)ethics;
- collecting data regarding national (bio) ethics committees in all Member States or other institutions, centres and university departments with expertise in ethics;
- providing a database that can be consulted by the Member States in order to identify experts in (bio)ethics and to create networks of experts in a nation or region;
- establishing a collection of teaching programmes as they have been developed in some Member States in order to support the initiation and development of teaching programmes;
- establishing a collection of legislative activities, such as laws, regulations and guidelines that are implementing existing instruments of UNESCO in order to provide examples to the Member States.