GEObs: Products and Deliverables
Several databases containing the following, easily accessible information:
- professionals in the area of ethics in the member states
- centres, institutions and department of ethics
- national ethics committees
- examples and descriptions of teaching programmes
- examples and descriptions of relevant legislation
- codes of conduct for scientists
Requested information in the area of ethics is provided through a list of search terms. This will allow persons to obtain specified and detailed information on demand. UNESCO will also in addition be able to provide packages of helpful information concerning:
- how to establish ethics education programs?
- how to establish ethics committees?
- how to draft legislative proposals?
In order to support the required activities in the members states, providing information alone will not be sufficient. As soon as the databases are operative, other activities will be superimposed in order to implement the information and translate data into action. Assistance will be provided to facilitate the establishment and reinforcement of ethics activities in various regions of the world, through:
- creating of networks of experts
- mediating between different professional activities
- provide expertise