- Elaboration and submission for consideration of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic of the law on amnesty of women and underage children (in accordance with established procedures).
- Organization, by The National Academy of Sciences, of a literature exhibition dedicated to human rights, and a contest among scientists for a best essay on a human rights topic.
- Production of a documentary about homeless children.
- Presentation of national periodical reports of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of human rights to the UN treaty bodies.
- Publication of a brochure with the text of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), and publication of the text of the UDHR in the mass media.
- November 2008: Organization of a regional conference on “Partnership between the State, the Society and Business against Terrorism.”
- November 2008: Organization of an international workshop on “Dialogue among Confessions – the way to stability.”
- November 2008: Organization of a students’ conference dedicated to the UDHR.
- December 2008: Organization of competitions for school children and students on the topic “Human Rights and Me.”
- Production of special programmes on TV and radio dedicated to burning human rights issues.
- December 2008: Official celebration of the 60th anniversary – public event dedicated to the UDHR
Back to top
More on cooperation between Kyrgyzstan and UNESCO