- July-December 2008 - Advocacy through press releases via mass media to promote a greater awareness of issues on the Right to Education in partnership with the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC). Discussions on “Issues in Understanding and Respecting the Right to Education in the Philippines.”
- 27-29 July 2008 - Conduct of Lifelong Learning for Sustainable Development Workshop, organized by the Ateneo de Zamboanga’s Centre for Women and Children for the Promotion of Peace through Interfaith Dialogue and Education (Project of the Culture Committee of the UNESCO National Commission of the Philippines).
- 29-30 August 2008 - Karunungan Festival. It aims to celebrate the best practices that enhance the teaching of social studies in the formal and non-formal sectors of the Philippine educational system. It includes panel discussions on due process and teaching democracy. (Project of the Social and Human Sciences Committee of the UNESCO National Commission of the Philippines).
- August 2008 - Right to Information Workshop. (Project of the Information for All Programme (IFAP) of the Philippines).
- 8-12 September 2008 - Planet Earth Exhibit. (Project of the Natural Sciences Committee of the UNESCO National Commission of the Philippines).
- October 2008 - Associate Schools Project Network (ASPnet) Activity: “Essay Writing Contest on Human Rights”.
- November 2008 - UDHR Forum. Tentative Themes:
- “Human Rights: Making It Work”
- “Challenges in Sustaining the UN Declaration on Human Rights as a Living Document”.
Back to top
More on cooperation between Philippines and UNESCO
UNESCO Cluster Office in Bangkok, Thailand