Forum of Ministers of Social Development for Latin America
The main objective of the Forum of Ministers of Social Development for Latin America is to strengthen existing ties of cooperation.
This is achieved by
- consolidating a space of coordination of common strategies for social policy in Latin America;
- formulating national policies aiming at strengthening social cohesion and democratic governance in the region;
- consolidating a space for dialogue and the sharing of best practices and devising projects for horizontal cooperation.
- Forum of Ministers of Social Development for Latin America, San Salvador, El Salvador, 11-12 July 2011, UNESCOPRESS
- Declaration of San Salvador, adopted in El Salvador in July 2011 [PDF in Spanish, 800 KB]
- Declaration of Chapadmalal, adopted in Argentina in 2007 [PDF, 99 KB]
- The Declaration of Santa Clara, adopted in Peru in 2004 [PDF, 92 KB]
- Toward the Institutionalization of the Forum of Ministers of Social Development for Latin America and the Caribbean: The Creation of a Permanent Secretariat [PDF, 60 KB]
- Presentation: "Forums of Ministers of Social Development", by Gonzalo Abad-Ortiz, UNESCO [PDF, 46 KB]
UNESCO Focal Point:
Julio Carranza Valdes, Programme Specialist, UNESCO Office in Montevideo.
Back to top