In 2002-2003, a comprehensive process of field consultations with UNESCO's regional representations and scientific partners resulted in the selection of some salient thematic priorities per region. Further consultations in 2004/05 informed especially by UNESCO's constituencies lead to the establishment of regional priority themes for Phase II of the MOST Programme.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Fighting poverty
- Africa: Regional Integration Processes
- Arab States: the Role of the State in Social Development
- Asia-Pacific: Human Security
- Europe, including Eastern and Central Europe, and North America: Ageing
- Small Islands Development States (SIDS): Sustainable Social Development. Focused research on SIDS is carried out in UNESCO's Offices in Kingston and Apia
For more information on MOST publications on these themes, go to MOST's Digital Library. Back to top