The Intergovernmental Council of the Management of Social Transformations programme holds its 9th Session
The 9th session of the Intergovernmental Council (IGC) of the Management of Social Transformations programme (MOST) will take place at the Organization’s headquarters (Fontenoy, Room IV) in Paris (France) from 28 to 30 September 2009.
The IGC session will be opened in the presence of Pierre Sané, Assistant Director-General of UNESCO for Social and Human Sciences, and Professor Nazli Choucri, President of the MOST Scientific Advisory Committee.
Thematic debates will cover subjects such as “Theoretical Reflection on Research-Policy Links”, “Draft Guidelines for MOST National Committees (MNC)” and the “MOST Online Policy Research Tool”. Using national and international responses to the global financial crisis, two round tables will be organized on 29 September to encourage a direct dialogue between Ministers for Social Development from all regions of the world, scientists and representatives from both NGOs and the private sector.
After the adoption of the recommendations and the report, the 9th session will be closed by Marcio Barbosa, Deputy Director-General of UNESCO.
See also: IGC 2009.
Other events relating to UNESCO’s Social and Human Sciences programme in September 2009
- 1-2 September: High-level meeting on teaching philosophy in Africa. Bamako, Mali.
- 5-7 September: 5th Session of the International Social Science Council/UNESCO International Summer School. Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 7-8 September: High-level meeting on teaching philosophy in Africa. Port Louis, Mauritius.
- 9-11 September: Forum Vanguardia Latina. Los Angeles, United States of America.
- 15-18 September: Global Mayors Forum on ‘High Growth Cities: Meeting the Challenges for Sustainability’. Hong-Kong and Shenzhen, China.
- 19-20 September: Meeting of Ministers of Sport from the Pacific region on Anti-Doping. Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
- 24-25 September: Regional experts' meeting on agreements on migration in Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries. Moscow, Russian Federation.
Human Rights, Human Security and Philosophy
- La sécurité humaine : approches et défis [PDF, 2246 KB]
Also available in English (Human Security: Approaches and Challenges) [PDF, 2338 KB]
- Human Rights: Major International Instruments. Status as at 31 May 2009 [PDF, 819 KB]
Available in English and French (48 p.)
- UNESCO Brasilia. Criança Esperança. Mobilizando pessoas, transformando vidas
Only available in Portuguese [PDF, 14 MB]
UNESCO Office Brasilia and Rede Globo de Televisão (Brazil)
Brasilia, UNESCO Brasilia, 2009. (340 p.)
Social Sciences, Research and Policy
- Evidence-based policy research: critical review of some international programmes on relationships between social science research and policy-making [PDF, 546 KB]
Also available in French [PDF, 622 KB]
MOST Policy Papers, New Series MOST-2, No. 18
Milani, Carlos R.S.
- Les États-Nations face a l'intégration régionale en Afrique de l'Ouest - le cas du Burkina Faso
Only available in French
Seydou Oumar KANE (éd.), Éditions Karthala (website in French)
- Stratégies de politique sociale et leçons de l'ajustement structurel : retour sur l'expérience argentine dans l'horizon latino-américain [PDF, 790 KB]
Only available in French
MOST Policy Papers, New Series MOST-2, No. 19
UNESCO - Sector for Social and Human Sciences
SHS e-News 42 / September 2009
<- Back to: Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme