Plenary Session of the Intergovernmental Committee for Physical Education and Sport (CIGEPS), 2011
The 2011 session of CIGEPS was held at UNESCO Headquarters on 7 and 8 June 2011. This meeting brought together all CIGEPS Members to coordinate the ongoing implementation of the work programme, including the elaboration of research on the socio-economic benefits of sport and the development of international indicators on quality physical education.
Another important component of the meeting was the engagement of the revitalized Permanent Consultative Council, an advisory body which provides technical expertise in sport and physical education, in the work of CIGEPS.
This is the final stage of the reorientation of CIGEPS which will enable the Committee to drive the international efforts in the area of physical education and sport and to respond effectively to a changing global environment.
- Provisional Agenda and Timetable [PDF, 51 KB]
- International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials Responsible for Physical Education and Sport (MINEPS) - Item 5 of the Provisional Agenda [PDF, 72 KB]
Also available in French [PDF, 67 KB], Spanish [PDF, 67 KB] and Arabic [PDF, 147 KB]
- Research into the Socio-Economic Benefits of Sport - Item 6 of the Provisional Agenda [PDF, 45 KB]
Also available in French [PDF, 56 KB], Spanish [PDF, 49 KB] and Arabic [PDF, 126 KB]
- Statutes of the Intergovernmental Committee for Physical Education and Sport and Rules of Procedure and Membership Criteria for the Permanent Consultative Council [PDF, 110 KB]
Also available in French [PDF, 134 KB], Spanish [PDF, 95 KB] and Arabic [PDF, 162 KB]
- International Position Statement and UNESCO Support Statement on Physical Education [PDF, 55 KB]
Also available in French [PDF, 48 KB], Spanish [PDF, 49 KB] and Arabic [PDF, 112 KB]
Youth, Sports and Physical Education Section
Social and Human Sciences Sector
Tel.: + 33 1 45 68 45 38