Preparation - MINEPS V
A Programme Committee and an Organizing Committee are set up to prepare the Conference. The Programme Committee is co-chaired by UNESCO and the Host country and includes the Chairman of the Intergovernmental Committee for Physical Education and Sport (CIGEPS), as well as participants from
- International Olympic Committee,
- International Paralympic Committee,
- UN Office on Sport for Development and Peace,
- German Olympics Sports Confederation,
- German National Commission for UNESCO,
- German Standing Conference of Sport Ministers,
- International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE).
ICSSPE, an active permanent member of CIGEPS, acts as the Secretariat of the Programme Committee and coordinates the work of the Organizing Committee on behalf of the German government.
In preparation of the main topics of MINEPS V, three informal working groups have been established for the three Conference topics, in order to ensure the consideration of state of the art research and the involvement of competent experts. With the moderation by ICSSPE, the working groups shall report to the Programme Committee. The participation in working groups is open to experts from all Member States of UNESCO.
Member States are involved actively in all aspects of the Conference preparations mainly through CIGEPS but also through many bilateral consultations.Back to top