Cooperation with NGOs
UNESCO works closely with a variety of international, regional and local youth and student organizations.
These partnerships intend to be a space for the identification, testing and implementation of youth-led ideas and innovative approaches. Young people are generally interested in a culture of teamwork, democratic participation and concrete action and results.
- Joint Programmatic Commission on Youth of the UNESCO-NGO Liaison Committee
- Student Organizations
- World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM–ONMMS)
- OXFAM International Youth Partnerships
- TakingITGlobal (TIG)
- Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS)
- Youth-led monitoring and evaluation of non-formal education programmes
Did you know…?
- ‘Who is who’ is a directory of youth-led and/or youth-servicing organizations developed by UNESCO in 2002. This publication is designed to stimulate networking across borders, continents and cultures and to inspire youth to get involved and make their voices heard. Download this publication ... [PDF, 568 KB]
- There are 46 youth and/or student organizations which currently maintain official relations with UNESCO. Download the list ... [PDF, 50 KB]
- To find out more about whether and how international youth organizations can request the establishment of relations with UNESCO, please consult UNESCO’s website on Non-governmental organizations and foundations.