Vanguardia Iberoamericana Forum 2010
The 2010 edition of Vanguardia Iberoamericana will be held from 26 to 30 November in Mar del Plata, Argentina, and will focus on “EDUCATION: VISION 360°”. It will take place within the framework of the XXth Summit of Heads of State and Government from Ibero-America (3-4 December, Mar del Plata, Argentina) which will concentrate this year on the theme “Education for Social Inclusion”.
Vanguardia Iberoamericana is an annual event organized by Espacio de Vinculación A.C. (EVAC) in the framework of the Ibero-American Summit of Heads of State and Government. This Forum includes an intensive three-day work program allowing a group of about 100 students from all over the region to meet and discuss the central theme of the event, which follows the themes of the Summit.
It consists of a series of conferences and meetings at the highest level, where young people have the opportunity to share opinions with representatives of the most important political, business and intellectual institutions in the region. The outcome of the Forum is a summary report, prepared by the delegates, which is submitted during the Summit to the Heads of State for their consideration.
In the context of the International Year of Youth, the UNESCO Section for Youth, Sport and Physical Education, is collaborating with EVAC on the organization of this event, along with the Ibero-american General Secretariat (SEGIB), OECD, the Inter American Development Bank (IDB) and other organisations.
Identify proposals for solutions to major challenges faced in the Latin-American region in terms of Education, by sensitizing leaders towards seeking change and promoting sustainable and inclusive development.
- Selection of participants.
- Online discussion.
- Event, which will include seminars, workshops, meetings with key decision makers.
- Elaboration of the Vanguardia Statement and presentation of a project on Education.
- Opening Round Table - Sustainable Development and Lifelong Learning
- First Dialogue - From Imagination to Innovation
- Second Dialogue - Education: Reference and Measurement
- Third Dialogue - The Challenges of Inclusion
- Fourth Dialogue - Education, Mobility and Ibero-american Space
- Visibility and media impact of the process and the results obtained.
- Vanguardia Statement, which reflects the recommendations and the specific commitments, resulting from the dialogue and consensus among stakeholders
- Iberoamerican Project focused on education, led by youth and supported by institutions.
- Strengthening interagency relations and coordinate among different stakeholders for the implementation of the proposals.
- Young people aware of the regional situation, and decision makers sensitized on the key role played by youth today.
- A network of young people and institutions strengthened to ensure the monitoring of commitments and the implementation of the project.
All candidatures must be sent by 12 October 2010 to Ms Berenice Alcalde at b.alcalde(at)unesco.org.
Registration form and more information (website in Spanish)
For the fourth consecutive year, EVAC has invited the UNESCO Section for Youth, Sport and Physical Education and National Commissions to participate in the selection of participants from Latin America. The selection process is the same one used for the nomination of delegates to UNESCO Youth Fora and the same one used for the previous editions of Vanguardia Iberoamericana: UNESCO National Commissions are responsible for the selection and nomination of one candidate from their country.
UNESCO has also collaborated, from the beginning of the process, with Red Vanguardia for the identification of the 5 thematic axes of the event and has provided technical support by establishing the methodology and a Participation Guidelines for the Forum. In addition, UNESCO has assisted in training and coordinating the facilitators which will participate in the Forum.
UNESCO will supervise the online dialogue that will be held prior to the Forum, to allow all the young participants to exchange on the different topics that will be discussed during the event.
<- Back to: Youth