Wenhui (文晖)Award for Educational Innovation 2013 Educational Innovation for Cultural Expression
Madame Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO, declared that “culture is what makes us who we are. It gives us strength; it is a wellspring of innovation and creativity; and it provides answers to many of the challenges we face today….”
Echoing this significance of culture, the 2013 Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation, Educational Innovation for Cultural Expression, is calling for applications to emphasize the importance of values, traditions and practices being transmitted from one generation to another through a variety of expressions including, but not limited to, visual arts, performing arts, tangible and intangible culture and heritage, indigenous knowledge and crafts in formal and non-formal education, community-based initiatives, adult/continuing education projects, and so on.
Two individuals or institutions from the Asia and Pacific region will receive a Certificate of Excellence and prize money of US$ 20,000 each.
The Award is open to individuals or institutions in UNESCO Member States in Asia and the Pacific region only. The Jury is looking for educational innovations that have:
· helped to promote and enhance the expressions of diverse cultures;
· improved the quality of teaching and learning in enhancing the expressions of cultures;
· fostered indigenous wisdom and ingenuity in educational innovations.
All applications must reach the Award Secretariat by 1 July 2013 and should include the following items:
· Official application form (available online at the Award website)
· Description of the candidate’s/institution’s background and achievements (1 page, A4 size, in English)
· Summary of work, publications and other relevant documents of major importance (maximum of 4 pages, A4 size, in English)
· Evidence to support the nomination of the candidate (may be in English or local language)
· Letter(s) of recommendation (in English or local languages)
· Consent form (available online at the Award website) for use and distribution of materials
For more information about the Wenhui Award, please visit http://www.unescobkk.org/education/apeid/wenhuiaward2013 or contact the Award Secretariat.
Wenhui Award Secretariat
920 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanong
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 391-0577
Fax: (66-2) 391-0866
The Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation, established by the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, and coordinated by the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development (APEID), aims to recognize the contributions of educators and institutions which have optimized the potential of education and the human innovative spirit to address and resolve pressing issues and problems facing our world today.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Tashkent