Evaluation of Learning and Development at UNESCO
February 2010- The purpose of the evaluation was to assess the relevance of UNESCO’s learning and development policy in meeting the current and future needs of the Organization and evaluate the effectiveness and key results of its associated activities.
In March 2004, the Director-General approved a Learning and Development policy, recognising the importance of the continuous acquisition and development of skills and competencies in a knowledge-based organisation such as UNESCO.
The policy aims at:
- ensuring the availability of qualified staff for the Organization to meet its programme priorities and requirements and to improve organizational performance;
- enabling the Organization to attract, retain, motivate and develop its staff;
- fostering career growth and development;
- assisting and encouraging staff members to develop skills and knowledge that will be of benefit to the Organization and to their professional growth;
- creating a positive work environment and greater staff satisfaction and commitment.
Download the Evaluation Report (pdf/773KB).
<- Back to: All news