Meeting of the Bureau of the International Scientific Committee of the Slave Route Project
In the framework of the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the establishment of the West Indies University, the Bureau of the International Scientific Committee of the Slave Route Project will meet in Bridgetown and participate in the different planned events on this occasion.
In the framework of the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the West Indies University's establishment in Barbados, from 12 to 16 March 2013, the National Authorities have decided to host the meeting of Bureau of the International Scientific Committee for the Slave Route Project. The charges of the stay of all members are borne by this country.
On that occasion, different events will be foreseen:
- International conference organized by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture
- Launch of new published books on slavery
- Unveiling of a Monument dedicated to enslaved people
- Screening of film of the Slave Route project, followed by public debates.
At its meeting, the following themes will be discussed by the Bureau:
1) New directions and prospects for the Slave Route Project in response to the current context;
2) Definition of the tasks and activities to be undertaken by the International Scientific Committee’s members within the framework of the Decade for People of African Descent (2013-2022);
3) Preparation of the agenda of the next statutory meeting of the International Scientific Committee of the Slave Route project: resistance, liberty, heritage.
|Type of Event||Category 6-Expert Committee|
|Start||12.03.2013 09:30 local time|
|End||17.03.2013 12:30 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Moussa Iye, Ali|
|Organizer||Sir Hilary McDonald BECKLES, Vice-Chancellor|
|Street||Cave Hill Campus, Cave Hill, Barbados W.I.|
|Permanent Delegation Contact||Permanent Delegation of Barbados to UNESCO|
|Language of Event||English, French, Spanish|
|Estimated number of participants||300|