IXth Forum of Ministers of Social Development for Latin America focusing on social inclusion and youth
The IXth Forum of Ministers of Social Development for Latin America will be organized by UNESCO’s Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme and the Government of Argentina, in Buenos Aires, from 16 to18 September 2013.
The IXth Forum will be hosted by the Government of Argentina and H.E. Ms Alicia Kirchner, President of the MOST Intergovernmental Council, and Minister of Social Development of Argentina. It will mainly focus on “social inclusion”, one of the two MOST priority themes adopted at the 10th session of the MOST Intergovernmental Council (Paris, March 2011), endorsed by the 186th session of the UNESCO Executive Board (Paris, May 2011), and subsequently by UNESCO’s General Conference at its 36th session (Paris, November 2011). The relevance of the theme was reconfirmed this year at the 11th session of the MOST IGC (27-28 March 2013). Social inclusion of youth will be given special attention.
The IXth edition will:
• Assess progress in the follow-up of the previous Forum and provide an up-to-date state of the art on research and policy development on the themes of the Forum;
• Share successful experiences and discuss practical ways to improve the linkages between policy development and research;
• Identify common priorities for policy and programme development and implementation related to the main theme of the Forum.
The Forum will gather Ministers, regional research organizations (CLACSO, FLACSO, Ibero-American Youth Organization (OIJ) and Centro Latinoamericano sobre Juventud (CELAJU)). It will be a platform for knowledge and policy exchange to adopt a declaration with policy recommendations supported by research.
The Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) of the MOST Programme will also participate. Dr Emir Sader, President of the MOST SAC, will give a presentation.
MOST National Liaison Committees in the region may also attend.
The Ministers and participants will be able to benefit among others from the following research presentations:
• “A comparative vision about social inclusion. The cases of Ecuador, El Salvador and Peru’’;
• ‘’Youth, violence and a culture of peace in Central America: challenges, dilemmas and responses to reflect on in the future’’, and
• ‘’Policies of social inclusion of youth in Latin America: situation, challenges and recommendations for action’’.
In parallel to the Forum, an international meeting on social inclusion, youth and gender equality, organized by the Ministry of Social Development of the Government of Argentina.
|Type of Event||Category 8-Symposium|
|Start||16.09.2013 10:00 local time|
|End||18.09.2013 19:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Melo, Angela|
|Venue||Palacio San Martin|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event||English, Spanish|
|Estimated number of participants||100|
|Official Website||Official website of the Forum (in Spanish)|
|Link 1||Agenda (in Spanish)|
|Link 2||Forums of Ministers of Social Development|
|Link 3||Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme|
|Link 4||International Meeting on Social Inclusion, Youth and Gender Equality, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 16-18 September 2013|