Bureau of the International Coordinating Council of the Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB)
© UNESCO/Karl-Heinz Gaudry
Biosphere Reserve Tara Montenegro
The MAB Bureau will meet at UNESCO Headquarters from 27 to 29 March 2017. The Bureau will work with the Secretariat to prepare the 29th Session of the International Coordinating Council (MAB-ICC) and related items – particularly, an update on status of implementation of the exit strategy.
To this end, the meeting will update on progress in the implementation of MAB Strategy and Lima Action Plan and review the status of implementation of the exit strategy.
The Bureau will also:
- review the recommendations of the International Advisory Committee for New Biosphere Reserve Nominations and for Extensions/ Modifications/Renaming to Existing Biosphere Reserves,
- review the recommendations for Periodic Review reports and Follow-up recommendations concerning Periodic Review reports,
- select the six MAB Young Scientists Award winners 2017 for the MAB Council approval,
- consider the suggestions made to enhance the MAB Awards Schemes,
- discuss the Lima Action Plan implementation roadmap and discuss the progress of the MAB global Communication Strategy and Action Plan.
|Type of Event||Category 2-Intergovernmental meeting|
|Start||27.03.2017 09:00 local time|
|End||29.03.2017 18:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||PRCHALOVA, Marie|
|Contact||Marie Prchalova / 80527 / email@example.com|
|Street||7, place de Fontenoy|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event||English, French, Spanish|
|Estimated number of participants|
|Official Website||About the MAB Programme|