Eleventh Session of the Joint ILO/UNESCO Committee of Experts on the Application of the Recommendations concerning Teaching Personnel (CEART)
UNESCO works to raise the status of teachers, specifically through the promotion and dissemination of the two UNESCO/ILO normative instruments concerning the status of teaching personnel (1966 and 1997).
The Joint ILO/UNESCO Committee of Experts on the Application of the Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers (CEART) monitors the implementation of these Recommendations.
The committee will focus on:
1. Progress made in promotion and use of the 1966 and 1997 Recommendations.
2. Consideration of allegations received from teachers’ organizations.
3. Monitoring of the application of the ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status
of Teachers, 1966.
4. Monitoring of the application of the UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of
Higher Education Teaching Personnel, 1997.
5. Monitoring of a high priority topic related to one of the two Recommendations.
|Type of Event||Working group|
|Start||08.10.2012 09:00 local time|
|End||12.10.2012 18:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Sia, Lucio|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event||English|
|Estimated number of participants|
|Link 1||Report of the 10th session CEART meeting and provisional agenda for 11th session|
|Link 2||The recommendations|