5th International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials Responsible for Physical Education and Sport (MINEPS V)
© World Sports Festival
Building on the success of earlier editions, Ministers and senior government officials from all UNESCO Member States will gather in Berlin (Germany) from 28 to 30 May 2013 at the 5th International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials Responsible for Physical Education and Sport (MINEPS V), together with key stakeholders of the sporting world, to tackle the most pressing challenges in international sport policies and to make action-oriented recommendations.
The following key themes have been proposed by UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Committee for Physical Education and Sport (CIGEPS):
• Access to Sport as a Fundamental Right for All
- Access of women and girls;
- Inclusion of persons with disabilities.
• Promoting Investment in Sport and Physical Education Programmes
- Promoting quality physical education;
- Sport mega events and their sustainability.
• Preserving the Integrity of Sport
- Commitment to the values of sport and the fight against match fixing, illegal betting, doping and corruption in sport.
|Type of Event||Category 2-Intergovernmental meeting|
|Start||28.05.2013 14:00 local time|
|End||30.05.2013 18:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Muller-Wirth, Philipp|
|Organizer||UNESCO; Government of Germany|
|Street||Budapester Strasse 2|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event||English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian|
|Estimated number of participants|
|Official Website||MINEPS V - 2013|