International Workshop on Remote Sensing and Eco-hydrology in Arid Regions
An international workshop will be held from 16 to 20 September 2013 on remote sensing and eco-hydrology in arid regions, within the Asian G-WADI/IHP framework. It will be held in the Institute of Atmospheric Physics in the Chinese Academy of Sciences premises (Beijing).
The workshop aims to strengthen the global capacity to manage the water resources of arid and semi-arid areas. Its primary goal is to communicate and exchange the successful experiences on the application of remote sensing for water management and the study of eco-hydrology in arid regions.
Its specific objectives include:
- improved understanding of the special characteristics of hydrological systems and water management needs in arid areas
- capacity building of individuals and institutions, matching supply with need
- broad dissemination of understanding of water in arid zones to the user community and the public
- sharing data and exchanging experience to support research and sound water management
- raising awareness of advanced technologies for data provision, data assimilation, and system analysis
- promoting integrated basin management and the use of appropriate decision support tools.
Main topics are:
- Satellite remote sensing data and programme.
- Remote sensing applications to eco-hydrology in arid regions.
- Integrated study of ecological and hydrological processes in inland river basins.
- Ecological security, water resource sustainable utilization and integrated river basin management in arid regions.
|Type of Event||Category 7-Seminar and Workshop|
|Start||16.09.2013 10:00 local time|
|End||20.09.2013 19:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Ramasamy, Jayakumar|
|Organizer||UNESCO Asian G-WADI|
|Venue||Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event|
|Estimated number of participants||50|
|Link 1||Workshop programme|