The first Tsunami Exercise in the North-Eastern Atlantic, Mediterranean and connected seas Region
NEAMWave12, as the first Tsunami Exercise in NEAM Region(North-Eastern Atlantic, Mediterranean and connected seas) will attempt to assess the national and local warning dissemination and response mechanisms put in place by Member State Civil Protection Agencies (CPAs) upon the reception of a Tsunami warning from their Tsunami Warning Focal Points (TWFPs).
The NEAMWave12 will also address the questions related to the evaluation of alert messages by Candidate Tsunami Watch Providers (CTWPs) and the issuance of the tsunami messages to TWFPs, as in the previous communication test exercises.
As well as
1. Validate and evaluate the Candidate Tsunami Watch Providers (CTWP) dissemination process of issuing Tsunami Messages in the NEAM region;
2. Validate and evaluate the procedures for countries to receive and confirm the Tsunami Messages issued by the CTWP trough their National Tsunami Warning Centres (NTWC), or the country Tsunami Warning Focal Points (TWFP) or the country Tsunami National Contacts (TNC).
3. Validate and evaluate the dissemination of the warning messages to the relevant agencies that are responsible for emergency response.
4. Validate and evaluate the organizational decision making process about public warnings and evacuations.
5. Identify the modes that would be employed to notify and instruct the public.
|Type of Event||Category 2-Intergovernmental meeting|
|Start||27.11.2012 08:00 local time|
|End||28.11.2012 19:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Santoro, Francesca|
|Permanent Delegation Contact|
|Language of Event||English|
|Estimated number of participants||18|
|Link 1||NEAMWave12 Webpage|
|Link 2||IOC Tsunami web|