What can you do?
The success of the World Science Day for Peace and Development will depend on the active involvement of many partners such as intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, scientific and research institutions, professional associations, the media, science teachers and schools.
Different activities will be undertaken to mobilize support for the objectives of the World Science Day for Peace and Development.
We invite you and your organization to celebrate this Day with some special events or action. Next, you can find a list of potential actions that can be undertaken by you and your organization:
- DIFFUSE World Science Day for Peace and Development in your institution or in your town, city or local community, through municipal and state government channels.
- ORGANISE an 'Open Day' in your institution to highlight the importance of science for peace and development.
- INCORPORATE the messages of World Science Day for Peace and Development into official speeches, publications and other activities taking place on 10 November.
- ORGANIZE classroom discussions to emphasize the many different ways science and technology touch our daily lives.
- CONTACT national and local media (TV, radio, print, electronic) to highlight the importance of celebrating WSDPD at national and local level.
- WRITE articles and letters about the importance of science for sustainable societies to the media, including industry trade journals, organization newsletters, and school newspapers.
- VISIT local schools to speak about careers in science, deliver scientific presentations or demonstrations to young students.
- BUILD classroom-to-classroom connections between schools via the Internet to talk about science projects that will interest young people.
- ORGANIZE conferences and forums.
- FIND a sister institution and carry out a joint activity highlighting the importance of science.
- INVITE university faculty to join with community organizations and schools to celebrate the Day.
- ARRANGE a science museum visit
Please feel free to contact us if you would like more suggestions and information on how you and your organization can celebrate this day. We would be grateful if you could keep us informed on the activities you will organize in order to include your events in a special section of our website.
If you have a website and wish to link it to ours, please send your request to Ms. Diana Malpede. We will add yours to our list of related websites and you will help us reach, inform and involve as many people as possible.Back to top