Akshara - Crafting Indian Scripts
The event is dedicated to linguistic diversity, endangered languages, scripts, calligraphy and related craftsmanship.
The exhibition will feature:
- Stone, wood, handloom textiles, embroidery, traditional art and handblock printing among other hand skills
- The art of handwriting and the history of India’s scripts through calligraphy
- Traditional artists demonstrating skills
- Expert calligraphers and the magic of calligraphy
- Aksharakaram – a film on dance and calligraphy
- Crafting Indian Scripts – an art book
Workshops with cailligraphers will be held through the week.
A seminar entitled "Culture and Craft: the Written Word" will be organized in Room II on 18 September at 3 p.m. with the participation of prominent public figures and experts.
|Type of Event||Exhibition|
|Start||16.09.2013 12:00 local time|
|End||20.09.2013 19:00 local time|
|Date to be fixed||0|
|Focal point||Minasyan, Anahit|
|Organizer||Delegation of India and CLT|
|Contact||to be confirmed|
|Street||7, place de Fontenoy|
|Room||Room II, Salle Pas Perdus, Room Miro 1, Room Miro 2, Room Miro 3|
|Permanent Delegation Contact||Permanent Delegation of India to UNESCO|
|Language of Event||English, French|
|Estimated number of participants|