ONLINE REGISTRATION |"STAND UP FOR MALALA - STAND UP FOR GIRLS' EDUCATION"
" Stand up for Malala - Girls' education is a right"
“Stand up for Malala - Girls’ education is a right!” is the rallying cry of a high-level advocacy event which aims to accelerate political action to ensure every girl’s right to go to school, and to advancgirls’ education as an urgent priority.
- Special tribute will be paid to Malala Yousafazi, an astonishingly brave 14-year-old girl who was the victim of an assassination attempt by the Taliban in October because of her determined efforts to defend girls’ education in her native Swat Valley.
- The President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari and UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova will open the event, which will be moderated by BBC news anchor Zeinab Badawi.
UN Special Envoy for Global Education Gordon Brown will make a keynote address.
Video messages from UN Secretary General Ban Ki moon, U.S Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton will be broadcast.
- Other speakers include
- French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault,
- UN Women Executive Director Michelle Bachelet,
- former President of Finland Tarja Halonen,
- Director-General of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) Abdulaziz Othman Altwaijri
- the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict Leila Zerrougui.
Monday 10 December, Human Rights Day
From 10 am to 1 pm, Room I - UNESCO House, Paris 7e
- Due to the high volume of registrations, UNESCO will not be able to reply to each individually. Successful registration will receive an auto-generated acknowledgement.
- Marqued fields are mandatory in order to allow good management of your registration.
************************* REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED *************************
The entrance of the registered participants will start from 18:30 p.m.
- Entrance address
125, avenue de Suffren - Paris 7e
Access to UNESCO Headquarters controlled premises monitored by CCTV
- Metro: Ségur-UNESCO, Cambronne, Ecole militaire
- Bus: 28, 80
- UNESCO does not offer parking facilities. We therefore recommend using public transport.
- UNESCO Headquarters is considered international territory and belongs to the Organization’s 195 Member States.