Gender Mainstreaming Tools
Gender mainstreaming training is one of the key methods to support the behavioural and organizational changes that are needed to effectively mainstream gender equality considerations into all policies and programmes of any organization.
The resources below provide practical guidance and useful definitions that serve as a basis for effective mainstreaming of gender equality for any government staff or individual working in civil society organizations.
UNESCO Gender Lenses
- Baseline definitions of key gender-related concepts
- UNESCO Gender Lens for project design and review
- UNESCO Gender Lens for measuring performance: guide for developing gender sensitive indicators
- UNESCO Gender Lens for developing terms of reference (TORs) of surveys & research
- UNESCO Gender Lens for planning and execution of programme evaluations
- UNESCO Gender Lens for meetings workshops and conferences
- UNESCO Gender Lens for organizing and running trainings
- Guidelines on Gender neutral Language
- Key elements for programming with the CEDAW
UN Gender Score Card to mainstream Gender Equality
(UNCT Performance Indicators for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment):
The Scorecard is intended to provide an assessment of what the UNCT as a whole contributes to gender mainstreaming and consequently to the promotion of gender equality in the country. The main focus is on gender mainstreaming strategies and processes, rather than on development results. The Scorecard helps UNCTs become more aware of their own performance on gender equality and thus better positioned to take action in order to enhance their performance. To learn more, click here.
Test your knowledge! Click HERE to take the Gender Quiz