Resources: Key UNESCO Documents
Gender equality is central to UNESCO’s work, in all of its fields of competence -- to ensure girls’ and women's equal access to quality education and skills development, science and technology, information and communication. Thus, it is a pillar of programming and activities in all UNESCO’s Major Programmes.
In order to achieve concrete and sustainable results for the promotion of gender equality across all its fields of competence, here are the important review documents the set forth the strategic vision and programmatic framework to implement Global Proirity Gender Equality.
- UNESCO’s Medium-Term Strategy (37 C/4), 2014-2021
UNESCO’s Medium-Term Strategy for 2014-2021 (document 37 C/4) sets out the strategic vision and programmatic framework for UNESCO’s action in education, sciences, culture, communication and information at the global, regional and country levels over the next eight years.
- Approved Programme & Budget (37 C/5) 2014-2017
The road map defined by the Medium-Term Strategy is implemented by two consecutive programme and budget documents (C/5) covering each a four-year cycle.
- Budget (38 C/5) 2016-2017
- Priority Gender Equality Action Plan, 2014-2021
The UNESCO Priority Gender Equality Action Plan for 2014-2021 (GEAP II), provides an operational framework for the implementation of Priority Gender Equality. It explains what gender equality means for UNESCO, provides guidance on how the Organization will ensure that a gender equality perspective is reflected in all its policies, programmes and processes so that gender equality is advanced both within the institutional processes of the Secretariat and its work with Member States.
- Report by the Director-General on UNESCO actions promoting women's empowerment and gender equality
- This document is the fourth stand-alone report on the Organization’s contributions to women’s empowerment and gender equality. It provides an assessment of UNESCO actions from May 2013 to April 2015.37C/INF.18 - Report by the Director-General on UNESCO actions promoting women's empowerment and gender equality
- This document provides the first stand-alone report on the Organization’s contributions to women’s empowerment and gender equality. It provides an overall assessment, from January 2008 to July 2009
- 36C/INF.14 - Report by the Director-General on UNESCO actions promoting women's empowerment and gender equality.Read the Annex to 36C/INF.14.
- 35C/INF.21 - Report by the Director-General on UNESCO Actions promoting Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality. Read Annex A and Annex B to 35C/INF.21.