In order to ensure the project's success, face-to-face contact with beneficiaries is essential. Activities organized in the context of this project are listed below:
- Training sessions
The implementation team members were specifically trained on adapting and uploading content on the Nokia Mobile Mathematics platform. They were also briefed on the project modalities and on Nokia Mobile Mathematics advantages and benefits.
The local implementation team is supporting RESAFAD to select and train the teachers, and to validate and adapt the content to be uploaded on Nokia Mobile Mathematics. Members of the team include representatives from the following state funded organisations:
- IA (Inspections d’Académie) of Dakar and Diourbel
- IDEN (Inspections Départementales de l’Education Nationale) of Pikine and Diourbel
- IGEN (Inspection Générale de L'Education Nationale)
- CRFPE Diourbel - DFC (Direction de la Formation et Communication)
- INEADE (Institut National d’Etudes et d’Action pour l’Education)
- Four 2-day training workshops for the selected teachers and their school principals were organised.
Three workshops were organised in the region of Diourbel and one in Pikine. The objectives of these workshops were to:
- Train teachers and principals to use basic mobile phones.
- Educate and inform participants about the potential of mobile learning and Nokia Mobile Mathematics
- to increase students' interest in Mathematics and Science and improve their performance
- to support teachers in their teaching and help them manage large classrooms.
- Explain the process of content creation and validation
- Discuss roles and responsibilities of each actor of the project.
- Plan stages of the project to come, including monitoring and evaluation.