EU/OS/ITA/BFC/0912 SENIOR PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (G7)
Vacancy Notice (Internal); Deadline : 24 September 2009; Duty station : Venice (Italy)
- Vacancy notice : Internal Recruitment
Post Title : Senior Programme Assistant
Duty station : Venice, Italy
Deadline for applications : 24 September 2009
Post Level : G7
Duration : 1 year (renewable subject to satisfactory service)
Post Number : EU/OS/ITA/BFC/0912
quick link : Internal Vacancy Notice EU/OS/ITA/BFC/0912 [PDF, 15kb]
The UNESCO Office in Venice is looking for internal qualified candidates to fill in the post of Senior Programme Assistant. Interested candidates should apply electronically, by sending application and candidate CV (using UNESCO CV available in the UNESCO Venice Office web, to veniceoffice-dir(at)unesco.org copy to t.carpene(at)unesco.org by 24 September 2009. Applications shall be accompanied by a Letter of Motivation that shall not exceed 2 pages. Please refer to the full information in relation to this vacancy notice.
[Tasks and Responsibilities]
Under the overall and direct supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Office in Venice, the incumbent will receive general guidance, pertaining to policies and deadlines and carries out a variety of programme functions such as: collecting, researching and interpreting data and preparing reports of a semi-technical nature or administrative aspects. Such tasks performed contribute to the planning, implementation and promotion of the Office. The majority of the work will be carried out in an independent manner. In particular, he/she will:
1. Assist the Director in liaising with the Italian authorities in order to ensure that the various agreements signed with the UNESCO Office in Venice are implemented.
2. Contribute to the promotion of the image of BRESCE in Italy in general, in the Region of Veneto in particular, in the Italian media, the Italian society and stakeholders, through the maintenance of contacts and networks. Collects, registers and maintains information on Office’s partners, donors, major stakeholders. Assist in the identification and formulation of development co-operation programmes and projects and participate in the preparation of draft project documents.
3. Provide support to the Office projects through the contribution to the organization of regular meetings with key stakeholders who should be involved and participate in the projects, the cooperation with relevant institutions and other public and private organizations involved in the process, as well as the public presentation of the outcomes of the projects;
4. Assist the Senior programme staff in the search for additional financial resources, in collaboration with UNESCO Headquarters through the compilation of programmes and project portfolios, conduct research of financial resources interested in the Member States of SEE, through contacts with prospective donor agencies and countries at the appropriate level, as well as in the preparation of promotional materials and publications of reports.
The incumbent will work under the responsibility and supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Office in Venice, in line with the decentralized nature and modality of the Programme and Office’s strategy. S/he will report to the Director of the UNESCO Office in Venice.
Secondary education or equivalent with at least 10 years of experience related to international organization, conference and events organization. Knowledge of UNESCO and/or UN procedures, practice, administration and knowledge of the donor society. Ability to draft articles, press releases, promotional material. Understanding of office automation processes and use of software. Organization skills to prioritize work and work under tight deadlines. Good communication skills with external actors and the Office colleagues and personalities with who s/he will be in contact. The incumbent is expected to be a team player and able to share motivation.
Language requirements: Fluency in English while Italian is an essential requirement.
[Conditions of employment]
UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars but mainly paid in local currency. For this post the annual remuneration is exempt from income tax. In addition UNESCO offers an attractive benefits package including 30 days annual vacation, pension plan and medical insurance. The initial appointment is for 1 year and it is renewable subject to satisfactory service. The salary is calculated on the Rome salary schedule for staff in the general service category.