Internship opportunity with UNESCO Venice Office: Culture unit - public information and communication activities (Deadline: 28/02/2014)
UNESCO is currently seeking an intern to assist the Culture Unit (CLT) within the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe, Venice (Italy), in support of public information and communication activities. Duration: 3 to 6 months approx. Dates: to be agreed with selected applicant
Under the direct supervision of the relevant Programme Officer, Culture Unit and overall authority of the Director of Office, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
• Draw a picture of the current communication actions of the Office for the web and social networking (rules, available tools and resources, content, multimedia, workflows and flows of information, channels, databases, etc.);
• Research new tools and trends of communication;
• Prepare a detailed proposal to strengthen communication outreach (communication challenges and objectives), in particular to input social media and launch social media campaigns; including a cost-benefit analysis and a cost estimate in terms of financial and human resources;
• Contribute to the drafting of media materials (media advisories, press releases, media kits) and assist in the preparation of oral presentations (using: PowerPoint and Prezi) related to the Office activities in the field of culture;
• Other relevant tasks as may be assigned.
• General understanding of the work and mission of a UNESCO regional office, and familiarity with the communications services and outreach efforts of the Organization;
• Hands-on experience with public information in an international organization and in a multicultural environment;
• Insight into issues of communications at regional level.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Currently enrolled in a second level or master’s (or equivalent) university programme in communication, journalism, social sciences, cultural sciences, international relations, development studies or a related field;
• Basic knowledge of UNESCO’s mandate, structure, activities and platforms of public information;
• Theoretical knowledge and basic operational experience in the field of communication, web/social media publishing and media relations; including in the preparation and dissemination of communication and promotion materials;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes and Internet is required; Experience with web content management, statistics and web 2.0 tools (especially social networking) is an asset;
• Excellent knowledge of English is required (working language for the assignment); knowledge of French is a plus.
Instructions for Application:
To apply for this internship, please submit your application directly through UNESCO’s internship portal at http://stageweb.unesco.org.
In the “Motivation” section of the application, please include a reference to this advertisement for an “Intern in support of public communication activities in the Culture Unit of UNESCO Venice Office”. Deadline: COB 28/02/2014.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Venice